“What’s on Your heart this morning, Papa God?” I ask while headed down the hall to the empty classroom I will occupy for a portion of the day. I pass a mom holding an infant, and smile at him, sweetly telling him good morning. He turns his sleepy head into his momma’s shoulder. She comments how bashful he is. “His confidence will come soon.” We both laugh at the mental picture of what is possible for this little one.
My room is quiet. The familiar table and chair are beckoning me to sit and be still. “Papa, what is on Your heart?” As I ask and begin seeking Him, a light tapping sound is coming from the window. No one is looking through the glass. I figure a bird may have landed on the ledge and started pecking at the glass. But then I hear it again and decide to move closer, focusing with curiosity at the window pane.
As I do, a blue, obscure blurred form swiftly moves across the space of the window. I know it’s an angel. I have had numerous encounters with them. This one is not as clearly defined to me as others have been, but the brilliance of the blue light is undeniable.
My first instinct is to go to the door and let him in. Before I can move, the blue light is settling next to me at the table where I am seated. I am sensing an ensuing conversation will be occurring at any moment.
My spirit becomes alive with expectation. This is an appointed time. The silence is broken and the sounds of heaven are distinctively audible in my room. Waves of the harmonies quietly roll into a melodic theme of a chamber orchestra and then crescendo like a grand philharmonic orchestra playing a rich symphonic poem. Taking in this glorious sound, I shut my eyes and feel the liquid of the heavenly waves flowing over me. LOVE is here, and He has one of His messenger angels with Him!
The music decreases slightly. I hear the angel vigorously announce “Be bold! Be strong! For the Lord thy God is with you!” I can’t help it, I spring into singing the chorus. “Be bold! (be bold) Be strong! (be strong) For the Lord… thy God is w-i-i-t-h you!” It makes me chuckle remembering how fun and upbeat the song was to sing.
By declaring in song what the angel announced from the Throne Room, I am agreeing, placing the declaration of our boldness and strength into the atmosphere. In years past singing and enjoying the song was void of understanding the true power of our words. “Be Bold!” I declare into the airspace again. Two simple, yet strong, effectual words.
“What else does Papa God want to make known?” The angel’s voice rises from within the blue light. “Tell the Body of Christ to take risks with fearlessness and confidence. Act innovatively” he continues. “Move forward without hesitation to introduce the powerful encounters and deeper revelations. I AM desires to write volumes on the tablets of the hearts and spirits of His beloved sons and daughters. Encourage one another often amid this culture of confusion.”
Wanting to be able to study this angel and ask him his name, I clear my throat to speak. But the brilliant blue form that shared the heart of Papa God with me is nowhere to be seen. It was such a short visit. I would have preferred he stay longer. The intensity I felt in the room while he was here has not diminished. The residue of his visit plus the tangible Presence of LOVE, along with the glorious songs of heaven, brings a stillness and serenity to my soul and spirit. I am in awe that Papa would order this brief encounter.
I need to record some thoughts that came up during and after his arranged meeting.
1. We have unpacked only a small sampling of the mysteries of God.
2. Nothing given to us from the Throne Room of Grace is insignificant.
3. Papa God wants us to move and share the things of God with hunger, passion, zeal, and boldness.
4. Acts 4:31 “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.”
5. Acts 4:20 “As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”
6. Luke 8:16 “No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.”
7. John 16:12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.”
8. John 21:25 “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.”
9. 1 Corinthians 12:13 ”For by one Spirit we were all immersed and mingled into one single body….we are all privileged to drink deeply of the same Holy Spirit.”
10. Our diversity and individual encounters support one another and make the Body strong.
11. We are called to be a family priesthood.
12. Revelation 19:10 “The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
13. If He will do it for one, He will do it for all.
My prayer, Papa God, is that our eyes will see and our spirits comprehend new strategies and avenues to share the depths of who You are, and who we are because of Jesus. Ignite Your fire of passion and boldness in our midst. We desire to encourage through our testimony and to witness atmospheric change within our sphere of influence. Let it be a ripple effect, spreading rapidly as the earth is filled with the knowledge of the Glory of the Lord.
Dig Deeply. Receive Freely. Share Boldly.